I had the honor of being nominated for the Liebster Award by Cheree of A Dash of Salter. Thank you for the nomination! This award is given by bloggers to other bloggers in an effort to discover, support, and welcome new bloggers to the blogosphere. In this post I am going to answer 11 questions, given to me by Cheree. Then I will tell you 11 random facts about myself to help you get to know me better! Finally, I will nominate 5-11 other new bloggers to accept the Liebster Award. Also, feel free to save the graphic (I took this graphic from Cheree) I created above to use on your site if you’ve been nominated!
11 QUESTIONS FROM CHEREE
1. What’s the story behind the name of your blog/how did you come up with it?
I have so many varied interests and I didn’t know which topic to focus on, so I combined it. I definitely have racing thoughts and feel like my mind goes a million miles a minute.
2. What’s the most frustrating part of blogging for you, and how do you overcome it?
Well, I’m not that great at it yet. I see all these beautiful blogs and I am not the most tech savvy, so I struggle with linking up with others, placing photos. I haven’t overcome it yet, but am working on learning how to use my site even better.
3. What motivates you to be your best self?
There are many people who make me want to be a good person. First, my daughter, because I want to be a good example for her. My husband because he treats me like a queen and he deserves to be treated the same. My clients at the jail, because I would like to be the best person I can be so I can help others work on their own struggles. My mom motivates me as well. She is so fantastic, she is beautiful, smart, strong, creative and classy. She’s my go-to person when I’m happy or sad. I try to be like her in my parenting style because she was a major reason I have happy memories as a child.
4. What was the last thing that made you laugh until you cried?
I honestly can’t remember, which is really sad. My husband and I have been joking around more and have been silly which is fun laughing. My best friend lives really close to me and when we get together we talk about all the fun and random things we did when we were roommates in college and always have a blast together. Not really answering the question, but these would have to be the closest.
5. Do you have a nerdy quality that you want to tell us about?
I love to read menus. No idea why. I love knowing what restaurants serve. Ever since I was a little girl I have been super into hoarding menus, even from restaurants I know I will never eat from.
6. What 3 things make you super happy?
* My daughter – She is my pride and joy
* Fireworks – I think they are so beautiful and I get excited whenever I get to see them. I usually cry at firework shows because they make me so happy.
* Snuggling in my bed with my cat Toggle. I’m obsessed with him. My bed is also very comfy and I love bedtime!
7. What is your favorite sweet treat?
Brownies. I love most treats, brownies are my favorite. I have no self-control. I never eat just one. I usually eat a row of brownies in 1 sitting. A pan lasts 3 days tops in my house.
8. What is your favorite song/artist?
Right now Jason Mraz. I sing his songs to my daughter and have ever since I was pregnant, so he’s my go-to for soothing songs.
9. What are some of your biggest goal and aspirations?
Some might sound silly and cliché. I have a lot of goals. One is to be the best mother I can be. I would love to help improve the mental health care system in Colorado. It is terrible and so many of my clients have no place to go except jail, this is so sad. I also want a barn and some acreage. I believe that I’m a country girl at heart and just need some land and a barn to feed my soul!
10. If a genie poofed in front of you at this very moment, what 3 things would you wish for?
* My daughter to be magically fully potty trained!
* That there was no more child abuse and animal abuse.
* That I could have my house with a barn on my several acres of land.
11. What is your ideal vacation/location?
I’m kind of a homebody. I love being at home. My parents have a lake house on a large lake in Oklahoma. I love going there, it is so relaxing being on the water.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. I have been to all 50 states. My last one was Alaska when I went with my family in 2010.
2. I still sleep with a baby blanket, the same one I’ve had since birth. I don’t really care what people think of me still having it, although my parents try to throw it away each time they come over.
3. I have been a vegetarian my entire life. Both parents were raised vegetarian and both sets of grandparents were vegetarian. I am raising my daughter vegetarian as well, even though my husband eats meat. (And yes, I get enough protein).
4. I have 606 skydives. I was part of the 2012 Colorado State Record for the largest women’s formation. I quit jumping a few months ago, don’t want to take as big of risk now that I’m a mommy.
5. I love to vacuum. It is soothing for me. I am very strict about my vacuuming because I get upset when people walk on my happy vacuum lines.
6. Birds freak me out. I think it’s scary that a creature can fly above you and potentially poop on you or peck your eyes out. Ugh, gives me the shivers.
7. I sometimes put my daughters clothes and shoes on my cat, Toggle. He doesn’t love it, but he is a pretty tolerant kitty.
8. I used to put paperclips in my mouth because I wanted braces so badly. I did this frequently until I actually got braces, not my favorite.
9. I speak with my mom every single day, several times a day. We fight sometimes and hang up on each other (we are so grownup), our apology is never an actual apology, we know the fight is over when one of us calls the other back and asks; “what are you having for dinner?” With that comment we are back to being great and it’s just kind of an understood truce.
10. I’m scared of water. I have an irrational fear that there are sharks in every body of water, including pools. Despite the evidence to the contrary, I am still concerned that I will be swimming and a shark will attack me.
11. I smell everything. It’s like an OCD thing. I’ve noticed it more because my daughter started doing it too!
MY NOMINATIONS FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD:
I now nominate the following blogs: the vintage babies, sunshine momma, coffee shop ceilings, I didn’t listen and kids fashion and such. These blogs vary in topics. Some chat about parenting life, homemade goodies and humor. I like them all for different reasons. Please check these awesome blogs out! Now here are the questions for my nominees!
11 QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
1. What is your favorite season? How do you decorate for that season?
2. What is your go-to meal when you just want to whip up something quickly?
3. What is your favorite room in your house and why?
4. If you were given a million dollars, what is the very first thing you would do?
5. Do you know how to drive stick shift?
6. What’s one thing your child does that make you cave?
7. What topic do you like blogging about the most?
8. Is there a show or character that your child loves, yet you HATE it?
9. What is one place/event/activity that is a MUST to see/do with your child in their lifetime?
10. What do you miss most from your own childhood?
11. What is the first thing you do once your child/children go to sleep?
LIEBSTER AWARD RULES:
*RETURN THE LOVE AND LINK BACK TO THE PERSON WHO NOMINATED YOU
*ANSWER THE 11 QUESTIONS ASKED OF YOU
*LIST 11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF
*ASK YOUR OWN 11 QUESTIONS
*NOMINATE (AND LINK TO) 5-11 BLOGGERS WHO HAVE FEWER THAN 1000-200 FOLLOWERS